Matt Cutts Update for Guest Blogging in SEO



Matt Cutts stated in his personal blog if you are using guest blogging to gain link building, then you need to stop it in 2014. Because according to Matt Cutts it’s become the more spammy practice. He has given an example spam email he received:

My name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX and I work as a content marketer for a high end digital marketing agency in [a city halfway around the world]. I have been promoting high quality content in select niches for our clients.
We are always on the lookout for professional, high class sites to further promote our clients and when I came across your blog I was very impressed with the fan following that you have established. I [sic] would love to speak to you regarding the possibility of posting some guest articles on your blog. Should you be open to the idea, we can consider making suitable contribution, befitting to high standard of services that your blog offers to larger audience.
On my part, I assure you a high quality article that is-
- 100% original
- Well written
- Relevant to your audience and
- Exclusive to you

We can also explore including internal links to related articles across your site to help keep your readers engaged with other content on your blog.
All I ask in return is a dofollow link or two in the article body that will be relevant to your audience and the article. We understand that you will want to approve the article, and I can assure you that we work with a team of highly talented writers, so we can guarantee that the article would be insightful and professionally written. We aim to write content that will benefit your loyal readers. We are also happy to write on any topic, you suggest for us.


According to him, it’s the violation of Google’s quality guidelines. Guest Blogging, was considered as an honor for the guest blogger, especially when the high –profile website invited others for guest blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment