Search engine optimization process is a procedure to make your website search engine friendly, so that it can be easily accessible to both visitors as well as search engines. There are some general mistakes which people do when they start search engine optimization process.
- Lack of research to select keywords & phrases- If you don’t do the proper research while selecting the targeted keywords & phrases then there may be a chance of losing an important part of traffic. A proper research of targeted keyword can make your website ranking higher and a lack of research can break your site’s traffic.
- The badly written content of website – As we all know content is king. The web crawlers love the content, so your content should be unique and related to product and business information to make your site search engine friendly. If your website content is poorly written, not related to your business and never updated then your website is lacking the interest of users, as well as search engines that means your site is neither search engine friendly, nor user friendly. Your content should your targeted keyword phrases.
- Use of black hat SEO Techniques- Use of black hat SEO techniques which are unethical also down your search engine ranking on search engines. These black hat SEO techniques contain keyword stuffing, invisible text etc. The search engine crawlers now become very aware of these black hat SEO techniques and can mark them to ban you site. So, use an ethical way for search engine optimization of your website.
- Poorly Designed Website: Search engine friendly website design also play also a crucial role in search engine optimization process. A poor website design contains poorly designed frames, too much use of flash, improper website navigation structure, complex website design. A search engine friendly website design as discussed in previous blog helpful to increase your search engine ranking as well as user friendly.
- Use of Improper Meta Tags and Alt Tags: If you use improper Meta tags it will make your rank down. These tags should be used properly in every page of website. Use relevant keyword phrases in Title tags, Meta tags, Alt tags to make your website search engine friendly.
An ethically optimized website does not acquire its way overnight; a successful search engine friendly website requires lot of hard work, patience and consistency with your work.
Jeniffer Jen blogs about “SEO friendly website development “at Archsoft Technologies. You can also follow me on Twitter @websitewithseo